Saturday, November 2, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!?

Here's another writing I did at the Philly Warrior Writers last week... 
_________________________________________________________

June 9th 2000: The Devils win the Stanley Cup!
Garett’s carrying a keg above his head.
This place is CRAZY!

June 9th 2001: Twenty one! Limousine! Downtown Denver!
Avs beat the Devils in the Stanley Cup!
The Hungry Strangers are born!

June 9th 2002: Wow this year has been crazy!
Joined the Army, 9/11 happened, Went to basic
No we’re in Germany drinking at O’shea’s for our Birthday

June 9th 2003: Kosovo, this place is hell!
Cold in the winter, hot in the summer...
What the Fuck are we doing here?

June 9th 2004: Damn, I wish we were back in Kosovo, Iraq sucks!
130 degrees outside...
And guess what, getting shot at on he birthday! Fuck!

June 9th 2005: Been out of the military for 9 days. Should I be happy?
My grandmother’s in the hospital and is going to die.
Why don’t I feel anything?

June 9th 2006: One more drink to help me forget
One more pill to kill the pain
Fighting for the numbness, that I hate so much...

June 9th 2007: It gets better, if you let it.
It gets better if you try.
Begin to put the pieces together and remake sense of everything



No comments:

Post a Comment